Diet Types+ View All
- Place enough water in a pot to cover the beets then bring to a boil, salted, covered.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the beets are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare cucumber and tomatoes: peel and dice.
- Place the tomatoes into the blender then purée them with the cucumber, ginger, and garlic.
- When the beetroots are tender, drain and let them cool a while, then peel off their skins (note that they easily stain everything; surfaces, skin, etc. Wearing steril washing gloves can be a solution to avoid staining).
- Transfer the beets into the blender then purée and season with the orange zest and juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, some salt, and cayenne pepper. Make a smooth liquid-like purée.
- You need to filter the soup through a fine sieve by pushing through with the back of a spoon. If you have more pulp left than you need, repeat the process. You should have a smooth, homogeneous consistency at the end.
- Chill for at least two hours in the fridge then taste before serving if it needs any more seasoning.
- Serve garnished with chili, diced orange, or garlicky toast bread strips.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 6%
Fat & Essential oils 9%
Dietary fiber 19%
Sugars, total 20%
Sodium, Na 8%
Very low in sodium
No saturated fat
High in folate