Nuts and jam thumbprints
Diet Types+ View All
- Combine chopped nuts in a heat-safe pan and roast them gently without oil or salt.
- When it's ready, set aside for cooling.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use an electric mixer, fitted with paddle, to cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in the vanilla and combine well.
- Add the flour little by little with the mixer on low speed.
- Continue mixing until the mixture starts coming together.
- Scoop out the dough onto a floured work surface and roll into a flat disk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll the dough into approximately 30-gram balls.
- Make an egg wash by beating the egg together with the 1 tablespoon of water.
- Dip each dough ball in the egg wash and roll it in the nut mix.
- Gently place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet then use your thumb to make a slight indentation at the center of each ball.
- Drop about a quarter teaspoon of jam in the indentation.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the nuts turn golden.
- Place on a cooling rack and serve.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 27%
Fat & Essential oils 56%
Dietary fiber 10%
Sugars, total 31%
Sodium, Na 4%
Very low in sodium