Sweet potato soufflé with a sweet streusel topping
Diet Types+ View All
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Pierce sweet potato with fork several times; wrap each in a piece of foil and set on baking sheet.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and use a small amount of butter to grease baking pan.
- Carefully remove the skin from the sweet potatoes and place the flesh in the bowl of a food processor.
- Melt 40g butter and add in food processor, followed with eggs, evaporated milk, and cinnamon then process until the mixture is smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smoothen surface with spatula.
- Prepare streusel; in a large bowl, combine together the flour, cane sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla powder, and salt.
- Slice remaining butter and stir in with fingers.
- Although this is messy, it is the best way.
- When you get a crumbly mixture, stir in roughly chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle prepared streusel over sweet potato mix and set in oven.
- Bake until streusel is browned, for 60 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 32%
Fat & Essential oils 77%
Dietary fiber 25%
Sugars, total 24%
Sodium, Na 9%
Very low in sodium
Very high in manganese