Brazilian cheese buns
Diet Types+ View All
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine the milk, oil, and salt in the saucepan, and whisking occasionally. Bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Remove mixture from heat as soon as you see big bubbles coming through the milk.
- Stir in tapioca flour and continue stirring until you see there's no more dry tapioca flour.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat the dough for a few minutes at medium speed until it smooths out and has cooled enough to handle.
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl.
- With the mixer on medium, beat the eggs into the dough in two additions, whisking after each addition.
- With the mixer on medium, beat in the cheese until fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop rounded portions of the dough into mounds on the parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2-cm space in between.
- Transfer the sheet with the puffs to the oven and immediately turn down the heat to 180°C.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the puffs have puffed, the outsides are dry, and they are just starting to color.
- Set on wire rack to cool before serving.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 360.43
Protein 9.77 g
Carbohydrate 29.34 g
Of which sugars 1.24 g
Fat 22.72 g
Of which saturates 6.38 g
Fibre 0.28 g
Sodium 561.37 mg