Chicken ragout with tomato and capers
Diet Types+ View All
450 g chicken, cut into 2.5cm pieces
400 g tomato, pureed
300 ml water
4 tbsp capers
4 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 pcs onion, chopped
2 sprig rosemary, fresh, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken in a single layer and cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and capers, then stir just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add water, puréed tomatoes, and chicken then return to a simmer.
- Lower heat slightly to maintain simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add rosemary, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in sauce pan; add flour and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir into chicken mix.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and serve while still hot, garnished with parsley.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 16%
Dietary fiber 11%
Sugars, total 8%
Sodium, Na 42%
Very low in sugar
Source of Niacin