Easy-Bake Bread Rolls, 1 roll
Diet Types+ View All
- Put both flours in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the dried yeast and salt. Make a well in the centre.
- Put the milk and butter into a small pan and heat gently, stirring frequently until the milk is warm and the butter has melted.
- Pour the warm liquid into the well of the dry ingredients and stir to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 7-8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with clingfilm. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets with the teaspoon of olive oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead lightly.
- Divide the dough into 16 evenly sized pieces. Roll each piece into balls and place on the baking sheets (8 on each) with plenty of space between each ball.
- Cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place for 30-40 minutes until almost doubled in size
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220ºC/ fan 200C / gas mark 7.
- Lightly dust the tops of the rolls with a little flour. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and the bases of the rolls sound hollow when tapped.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool before cutting.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 137.64
Protein 4.32 g
Carbohydrate 24.26 g
Of which sugars 0.10 g
Fat 2.78 g
Of which saturates 1.36 g
Fibre 1.87 g
Sodium 71.40 mg
Source of Thiamin
Source of Selenium
Source of Folate
Source of Riboflavin
Source of Manganese