oatmeal bread, 1 slice
Diet Types+ View All
- Butter two loaf tins.
- Put the oats in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften for 1 hour.
- Add the molasses, butter and yeast to the oats and mix well.
- Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition until a dough starts to form. Cover with a towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 2 balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape the balls into loaves and place in the bread tins.
- Cover the loaves with a damp cloth and leave to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Bake the loaves for about 40 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Turn onto a wire rack and leave to cool before cutting.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 125.37
Protein 3.11 g
Carbohydrate 23.03 g
Of which sugars 1.21 g
Fat 2.11 g
Of which saturates 1.16 g
Fibre 0.90 g
Sodium 140.44 mg
Source of Niacin
Source of Riboflavin
Source of Selenium
Source of Thiamin
High in Folate