Red onion muffin with sesame seeds
Diet Types+ View All
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 12 muffin holes with paper patty pans.
- Start by caramelizing your onions in 2 Tbsp of oil until nice and golden.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, thyme and sesame seeds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk and oil until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredient mixture, and stir with a spoon until just combined.
- Stir in caramelized onion.
- When well-combined, spoon the batter to muffin tin, to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve when cooled to room temperature.
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 179.91
Protein 5.04 g
Carbohydrate 18.80 g
Of which sugars 1.73 g
Fat 10.50 g
Of which saturates 7.20 g
Fibre 2.93 g
Sodium 120.80 mg