Zucchini and cheese mini muffins
Diet Types+ View All
300 g zucchini, peeled, shredded
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
150 g all purpose flour, sifted
2 pcs eggs
2 tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
250 g nature yogurt
200 g butter, unsalted, melted
100 g Gouda, grated
80 g Edam, grated
0.5 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch black pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- After shredding the zucchini, place a saucepan onto medium heat, and stew the zucchini until it's tender.
- Since it contains much water, you need to drain it before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder in a bigger bowl.
- Take another bowl and mix the eggs, yoghurt, and melted butter in it.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the flour.
- Blend well.
- Add the zucchini, chives, and grated cheese, season the mixture to taste.
- Be careful since the cheese already added some saltiness.
- At the end, stir in the pumpkin seeds.
- You may keep some of them for decorating the tops.
- Prepare the 12-holed mini muffin form, place in the muffin papers and spoon the mixture in.
- The mixture should fill the papers almost to the top, but leave 0.5cm free.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled with sour cream!
Nutrients (Per Person) These values are based on the recommended daily intake of a 2000 kCal diet
Energy (kcal) 21%
Dietary fiber 5%
Sugars, total 7%
Sodium, Na 18%
Very low in sugar
Low in Sodium